This is Zaara Lina’s absolute favourite pasta sauce. The fresh spinach, mushrooms and coconut milk make this dish a delicious and nutritious meal. TIP: your kids involved in preparing the sauce. They can help you chop the mushrooms, turn on the blender and also mix the sauce and the mushrooms with the pasta.
Give it a try and let us know what you think 🙂
- 500 gr fusilli
- 500 gr baby spinach chopped
- 250 gr mushrooms sliced
- 1 can coconut milk 400 ml
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large red onion cubed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 stock cube herb or chicken flavour
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water, add a teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- In a large pan with high sides, add the olive oil and the butter. Add the mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Once the mushrooms are soft and buttery, set them aside.
- Using the same pan, melt the coconut oil. Add the onions, garlic and spinach. Let the spinach wilt, then add the lemon juice and lemon zest, coconut milk, water and stock cube. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes then blend the sauce in a blender until smooth.
- Add the sauce and the mushrooms and the parmesan to the pasta and give everything a good stir until every piece of pasta is nicely coated in the sauce.
- Serve right away and Enjoy!!!