- 2 cans tuna preferably in extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small can cannellini beans
- 2 tsp capers chopped
- 3 tsp olives chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 Maltese peppered cheeselet chopped (a good substitute for this would be peppered feta)
- handful mint leaves finely chopped
- handful basil leaves finely chopped
- 4 small ftiras any other type of crunchy bread
- 1 small can kunserva or tomato paste
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix all the filling ingredients (tuna, cannellini beans, capers, olives, red onion, cheese, mint and basil) together and set aside.
- Cut the ftira and spread a generous layer of kunserva on both sides.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with some salt.
- Add the filling.
- Enjoy 🙂