Welcome to our first recipe. This is where our journey has started back in November 2018. Zaara Lina and I were watching a culinary TV programme, as we love to do during our downtime together, and she expressed her wish to have her own cooking show. We had planned to make some cupcakes earlier that morning, so I just decided to film her. It took me ages to edit the first video, but after approximately 6 hours of playing around I had managed to finish it. I then published it on my own Facebook profile and it was a huge hit with my family and friends. So we came up with the idea to create Zaara Lina’s Cooking Club. More on our journey in the posts to come.
In the meantime, make sure to give these Oreo cupcakes a try. We are sure that they will be a hit with kids and adults alike. The little cookie hidden inside is the best surprise ever. You expect to bite into a smooth and soft cake and end up being hit by a crunchy cookie. Now don’t tell me that is not making your mouth water already? 😉
Have a look at Zaara Lina’s first video. She was only 5-years-old here. How cute is she?
Here is the recipe. Happy Cooking 🙂
- For the cupcakes:
- 175 gr wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50 gr cocoa powder
- 240 ml boiling hot water
- 115 gr unsalted butter at room temperature
- 200 gr white sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 12 oreo cookies
- For the frosting:
- 100 gr unsalted butter at room temperature
- 300 gr icing sugar
- 50 ml whipping cream
- 50 gr cocoa powder
- 6 oreo cookies cut in half, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt).
- In another bowl, mix the cocoa powder with the boiling water and set aside to cool.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar, then add the eggs.
- Add the flour and the cocoa mixture, alternating between the two.
- Fill the cupcake liners half way through with the mixture.
- Add an oreo cupcake to each cupcake and cover with the remaining mixture.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool completely.
- To make the frosting, mix the butter well, then add the icing sugar, cream and cocoa powder. Mix well. Top each cupcake with the frosting and half an oreo.