This is one of our favourite pasta sauces. You can easily serve this at a dinner party. We can assure you that your guests will be wowed.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 500 gr pasta we used Fettuccine
- 300 gr shrimps
- 100 gr pistachio kernels unsalted
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta in salted water, according to packet instructions. Reserve some of the cooking water for later.
- To make the pistachio pesto, put the pistachio kernels, olive oil, basil leaves, mint leaves, zest and juice of the lemon, salt, pepper and half of the minced garlic in a food processor and mix. Add water until you the pesto reaches a smooth consistency.
- In a pan, fry the remaining minced garlic in a little bit of olive oil. Add the shrimps and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta, pistachio pesto and reserved pasta water to the shrimps.
- Mix everything together very well.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Tip: Double the pistachio pesto recipe. Place the extra pesto in an air-tight container, cover with olive oil and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.