This cake smells and tastes divine. The cardamom is the game-changer here 😉 Enjoy this cake as an afternoon treat with a nice cup of tea or as an after dinner dessert alongside some homemade custard. Yummy!!!
Check out the video recipe here: https://www.facebook.com/ZaaraLina13/videos/759452544684984
- 250 gr self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt 120
- 125 gr butter softened at room temperature
- 150 gr granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 120 ml milk
- 125 gr sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 pears peeled, cored and diced
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Butter your cake pan and line the base with some parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand held electric whisk, cream together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs, vanilla and lemon zest and whisk until smooth. Add the milk and sour cream and mix again.
- Take about 1/3 of the dry ingredients mixture, toss with the diced pears and set them aside. Add the remaining dry ingredients to the bowl with the butter and eggs mixture and whisk until combined then fold in the pears.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan, smooth the top and bake for 35-40 minutes or until fully cooked through. Allow the cake to cook down before serving. Sprinkle with some icing sugar and enjoy 🙂