This recipe is absolutely divine. Soft fresh salmon with garlicy spinach, all comfortably wrapped up in a puff pastry blanket. Zaara Lina loves this and we usually make this for one of our special dinner nights on the weekend. These parcels can also be made in advance and frozen. When you want to serve them for dinner just pop them in a hot oven and cook until the inside temperature reaches 65°C.
Check out Zaara Lina’s video recipe here.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 250 gr frozen spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 sheet puff pastry store-bought
- 4 fillets salmon approx. 150gr each
- 1 egg beaten
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a pan over medium heat, drizzle the olive oil. Add the onions and cook until they become translucent, then add the garlic. Add the spinach, salt & pepper and cook until the frozen spinach has melted. Add the cream. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Season each salmon fillet with salt and pepper.
- On a smooth surface, cut the sheet of puff pastry into 4.
- Place two teaspoons of the spinach mixture in the middle of each section of the puff pastry. Smooth it out. Then add the salmon on top of the mixture. Fold the edges of the puff pastry over the salmon and the spinach, starting with the longer sides and then the shorter ends. Flip the puff pastry-wrapped salmon over and transfer for a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the top and sides of the pastry with the beaten egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.